BLDG.7 Yoga is currently closed due to COVID-19.
We are not taking appointments until we re-open.
Please follow us on Facebook and be on the lookout for email updates as soon as we have them. Stay safe, stay distant, and thank you for sticking with us through this time!
Namaste, ~ the BLDG.7 Team
Massage is the manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. Using various techniques to enhance function, aide in the healing process, decrease muscle reflex activity, and promote relaxation and well-being. Massage involves working and acting on the body with pressure. BLDG.7 Yoga has Pennsylvania State Licensed Massage Therapists:
- Linda – who was trained at East West School of Massage Therapy in Berks County.
- Monica – who studied massage therapy in San Diego and is a certified holistic health practitioner.
- Levi – who was trained at European Medical Massage School in Berks County.
- Jasmine – who was trained at Berks Technical Institute in Berks County.
- BTI students regularly extern at BLDG.7.
Swedish Massage is a manual therapy that emphasizes long strokes, kneading and friction motions to encourage proper circulation. The technique involves rubbing muscles together in the same direction as the flow of blood to the heart.
Swedish Massage – $50 – $65 for 1 Hour | $80 – $100 for 1 Hour 30 Minutes
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
Deep tissue is aimed at the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia, also called connective tissue. The pressure is more intense and more focused to release chronic muscle tension or knots. It can be a bit more uncomfortable than a classic Swedish Massage.
Deep Tissue Massage – $60 – $70 for 1 Hour | $90 – $100 for 1 Hour 30 Minutes
HOT STONE MASSAGE
A hot stone massage is a type of massage therapy. It’s used to help you relax and ease tense muscles and damaged soft tissues throughout your body. During a hot stone massage, smooth, flat, heated stones are placed on specific parts of your body.
Hot Stone Massage – $70 for 1 Hour | $100 for 1 Hour 30 Minutes
SOFT TISSUE RELEASE (STR)
STR is a dynamic effective technique that has an immediate and powerful effect on muscle and connective tissue. It is incorporated into the Massage through assisted stretching and other manual therapy techniques. The results can be fast and permanent reorganization of scar tissue. The targeted muscles return to the proper resting length, muscle imbalances are corrected, associated pain is decreased, and muscle performance is improved.
CHINESE FIRE CUPPING
Cupping is a lesser-known treatment that is part of Oriental treatment. It is the term applied to a technique that uses small glass cups as suction devices that are placed on the skin. The suction in the cups causes the skin and superficial muscle layer to be lightly drawn into the cup. It is much like the inverse of Massage- rather than applying pressure to the muscles, it uses gentle pressure to pull them upward. The negative pressure providing by the cupping can loosen muscle, encourage blood flow and sedate the nervous system.
This technique involves placing a lit, hollow, cone-shaped candle into the ear canal. It is said to aide in the removal of unneeded earwax, and toxins. It is said that Ear Candling can be used to alleviate symptoms ranging from simple Ear Aches, Sinus Infections, and Sinus Pressure, Aiding Sinusitis, Releasing Blocked Energy, Relieving Pressure Points of Tension, and overall just being a soothing relaxing therapy.
We understand that unanticipated events happen occasionally in everyone’s life. In our desire to be effective and fair to all clients, the following policies are honored:
- 24 hour advance notice is required when cancelling an appointment. This allows the opportunity for someone else to schedule an appointment. If you are unable to give us 24 hours advance notice you will be charged the full amount of your appointment. This amount must be paid prior to your next scheduled appointment.
- No-shows: Anyone who either forgets or consciously chooses to forgo their appointment for whatever reason will be considered a “no-show.” They will be charged for their “missed” appointment.
- Late Arrivals: If you arrive late, your session may be shortened in order to accommodate others whose appointments follow yours. Depending upon how late you arrive, your therapist will then determine if there is enough time remaining to start a treatment. Regardless of the length of the treatment actually given, you will be responsible for the “full” session. Out of respect and consideration to your therapist and other customers, please plan accordingly and be on time.